Chair of Governors Reports
It’s been a busy term in school and as well as coming into school regularly to meet with Miss Ryder there have a been a variety of other meetings going on.
Meeting with Vice Chair and Clerk for Governor Health Check Review Meeting. Results fed back to FGB and further action being carried out.
- Meeting with Mark and Lyn on Pastoral items.
- West Cluster Heads and Chairs Meeting, with Jon Stonehouse in attendance. Discussed:
- Support Centre (Kestrel) provision in the West
- Review of Children’s Centres
- Family Support Workers
- Future Relationships between LA and Schools
- Cluster Improvement Priorities
- Meeting with Ian, Vice Chair to discuss governance and our progress in working together.
- Meeting with Carr Infant School and CYC regarding the Field SLA.
- Meeting with Lyn to share updates.
- Attended staff meeting on 9th June to share information on Governor Links and Governor visits to schools and classes.
Several days in school involved in recruitment for new teachers and support staff. This is still ongoing.
- Attended the Archie B awards ceremony which had another great turnout.
- Time in school for open information and coffee for any prospective new governors.
- We are now on Twitter! Follow us at @CarrJnrGovernor and any governors who would like to be involved in tweeting from this account please get in touch with me for details.
Thanks to all Governors, Staff and pupils for the continuing effort and involvement in Carr Junior.