PE and School Sports
Our vision is for ALL pupils to be leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
All our PE and sport is based around the following 5 indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy, active lifestyles.
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- broaden experiences of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- increased participation in competitive sport.
The curriculum at Carr Junior School includes outdoor games, indoor activities and educating children about health and fitness. Throughout the year, all classes will have PE once or twice a week.
Our teams participate regularly in local school sports leagues and tournaments and have links with outside clubs and organisations including York City Football Club, York City Knights and York Sports Club.
Please ensure that children leave their PE kit in school every day, which was given to every pupil at the start of the year. It will be sent home every holiday to be washed and then returned on the first day back. This includes:
- Black shorts, a white t-shirt and drawstring bag, all labelled with your child's name.
Please ensure you add to this a pair of warm trousers and jumper for outside PE and a pair of trainers or plimsolls.
If you have any questions or comments about PE and sport please talk to our PE & Sport Leader, Mr Maskell.