Pupil Leadership Team
Carr Pupil Leadership Team and School Council
At Carr Junior we have an active Pupil Leadership Team and School Council who work with Mrs Kerr and other members of staff linked to our school priorities.
The Pupil Leadership Team structure promotes pupil leadership opportunities, enabling our children to develop valuable communication, organisation and debating skills through key roles of responsibility and new experiences. It allows pupils from all year groups to be actively involved in the way that the school is run.
Our Pupil Leadership Team aims are to;
- Represent all pupils and include as many people as possible.
- Take time to listen to all pupils and communicate their views.
- Feedback to pupils about what happened about their views.
- Action decisions that have been made or explain why they can’t happen.
Our Pupil Leadership Team and School Council this year allows every child to make their own unique contribution to life at school. In our committees, we will work together to improve many aspects of school life, making sure everyone’s voice is heard.
Every member of our School Council team have joined an action group which links to the priorities of the children:
- Promoting kindness
- School environment
- Enjoyment of pupils at school
So far this year, our Leadership Team have:
- Attended regular meetings to establish priorities and action groups.
- Spent time with all representatives to prepare assemblies, poster campaigns, and pupil voice initiatives.
- Represented the school at a local nursing home by visiting the residents as part of their Halloween celebrations.
- Helped to launch our brand new Library bus ‘Bookend Cottage’ by becoming Librarians.
- Worked alongside the Wellbeing in Mind Team to promote wellbeing.
- Had training in Sports Leadership and led groups of children in activities at playtimes.
- Supported the office team by taking the messages and information from the school office to classes.
- Provided a snack service at playtimes.