Year 6 Archie B
This is Archie B. He is the character who leads the children through their award.
Children can take a challenge from Archie's suggestions or invent their own.
Archbishop of York Youth Trust Leadership Award Scheme
The Young Leaders Award aims to equip young people to 'be the change they want to see' in all of their communities. Through a number of interactive lessons and practical challenges pupils will be involved in serving and making a difference in lots of different ways.
What are the benefits from completing the award?
· Links to SEAL include development of personal and social awareness, self esteem, setting a good example and confidence building.
· Teamwork and co-operation skills are developed, alongside year group cohesion.
· Opportunities to develop greater understanding of democracy and the needs of the world wide community.
· Practical experience of the vital work done by charities and how we all can help.
· The personal development of self belief, resilience to ‘have a go’ as well as developing the knowledge we all can make a change for the better no matter how large or small that may be.
All factors essential for employment later in life
There may be opportunities for parents and family members to get involved in action projects that will take place.At the end of the award each student will be awarded a badge and certificate and at an awards event.
Thank you for your support with this fantastic venture.
For more information visit www.abyyt.com