We believe that wearing a school uniform creates an important identity for all children at Carr Junior School. We hope that children wear their uniform smartly and with pride. It is expected that all children come to school in their uniform including school shoes.
To make it as easy as possible, many items of uniform including the cardigans and sweatshirts are sold at reception and can be ordered and paid for online via ParentPay.
What does your child need to wear?
- Burgundy jumper or cardigan
- White blouse, shirt or polo t-shirt
- Grey or black skirt of regular length, shorts, trousers or culottes
- Red checked or striped dress
- Black shoes or trainers
- Black or navy shorts
- White T-shirt
- Trainers or plimsolls
- Track suit for outdoor PE
PE - Swimming
- One piece swimming costume or trunks (Not long Hawaiian shorts)
- A towel
- Swimming hat
- A suitable coat or jacket throughout the year
- Hat for sunny weather
Accessories: Jewellery & Hair & Nails
- Earrings should be one pair of studs. Earrings must be removed for PE.
- Jewellery other than a watch is not permitted.
- Hair styles should be appropriate for school.
- Long hair (shoulder length and longer) should be tied back at all times.
- False nails, both stick on and acrylic, are not permitted.
- Nail varnish should not be worn at school.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL ITEMS OF CLOTHING, EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY BELONGING TO YOUR CHILD ARE CLEARLY LABELLED WITH THEIR NAME.
Some of these items are available from Reception, others may be purchased at shops that sell school wear, eg M&S, TESCO, ASDA.
The following items of Uniform may be available from the school office. Items are to be paid via ParentPay, please ask at the office for details. Once ordered, items will be available from 3pm the following Friday from the office.
Sweatshirts (inc. badge)
26” - 32”
Cardigan (inc. badge)
26” - 32"
Polo shirt (inc. badge)
26” - 32”